Friday, January 7, 2011

I LOVE TO ORGANIZE



With the start of a new year comes a new list of things to do...actually I haven't made my list yet, but I was inspired to organize a closet this week. I gave myself 30 minutes and in about 15 I was done. I have way to many pillows and not enough sheets. Speaking of sheets, I really wish I knew how to fold them so they ALL look the same. No matter how hard I try, they are different shapes and sizes. Oh well.

Here is what I have on the CLEAN shelves

Top: extra blankets and pillows
2nd: Emma's sheets, Jack's sheets and our duvet and one top sheet (I am sad to say that I only own one set of sheets for my bed and they are flannel. Yes..I use flannel year round because I am too cheap to buy new sheets
3rd: I think I am going to do bath and beach towels. Right now they are under the sinks in each bathroom
4th: Extra supplies. I am working on my couponing skills and am trying to get things 1/2 off or FREE. My goal this year is FREE.
5th: gifts. I try and buy things when they are on sale. I know I may give a gift that a person has not asked for, but we are on a budget.
6th: Gift bags, tissue, ribbon and wrapping paper
7th: The door. Electric toothbrushes that I haven't used in 2 years. I need to buy new heads, baby monitor..just in case someone stays at our house with a baby, travel supplies and extra toothbrushes.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

wow Sarah, that looks great. And I am with you, I hate buying new sheets but I like to have an extra set to put on right when I take the others off. Adam can fold sheets perfectly, don't know how he does it.

Sarah said...

Nice job!!

Jen said...

Looks great! I can't fold sheets well either. Martha Stewart once had an article on how to fold the fitted sheet and top sheet together in a nice bundle. You might be able to find it online.

Heidi Boos said...

Sweet! You and I are in the organizing groove...awesome! Look how much room you have after you cleaned it all out. Love the idea of the over door shoe hanger for other uses than shoes! ;)