Monday- Laundry
Tuesday- Vacuum and Dust
Wednesday- Bathrooms
Thursdays- Wash bedding
Friday- Errands
I guess what I am thinking is that I am waiting WAY TO LONG to do deep cleaning. Things like wiping down baseboards, cupboards, even my refrigerator gets neglected. These are only just a few of the things that I am thinking about.
Does anyone have any good cleaning solutions that works for them (besides a maid)?
What do you use to mop (I am never satisfied with my mop and always use my hands and knees, but this is hard on my old body)?
3 comments:
Hey, girl,
I KNOW your house is cleaner than mine :). But I've seen some ideas on other blogs that I want to try. Maybe you could add one deep cleaning chore to each day. Or do one load of laundry a day, then do deep cleaning projects on Mondays. I like doing one (or two) loads of laundry a day instead of all on one day. It's a lot easier to FOLD one or two loads too! I'm also lucky that I have older girls to help out. Tamra and Ary fold and put away their own clothes, and each have other chores to do. Actually, we need to get this going again now that we moved. Ary does easy things like wipe the remote controls and door knobs, Tamra does more like vacuuming and bathroom stuff. Anyway, hope you get some good ideas.
I was just thinking about this same problem. The deep cleaning is a little overwhelming. With your OPAM idea, I thought I could do one room (pair 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom) a month. Top to bottom including going through and reorganizing everything. Maybe that wouldn't be often enough but it is less overwhelming than trying to tackle everything at once especially with working part time.
Hopefully you will get some good ideas to share, especially about the mopping, that is the worst.
I've really liked our mop that I got from Costco. It's a sponge mop with a scrubby side to get anything sticky. I have a similar cleaning schedule, I do like to do a load or two of laundry every day so it's not so overwhelming for one day. I try to get everything done during the week so we can spend time doing fun stuff on the weekend instead of cleaning. It would be so nice to hire a maid once a year to get everything deep cleaned really well, and then just do up-keep throughout the year.
Post a Comment