Thursday, August 28, 2008
SCHOOL CLOTHES DEBATE
Dan and I have been having the 'School Clothes Debate" at our house. He does not see the need for "school clothes" for a preschooler and kindergartner. He would like to only shop at Target (which I love) and only "WHEN" they need stuff. Don't kids always need stuff???? I guess my thought is that I want me kids to look cute and I don't have to spend hundreds, but I do want them to look cute. My problem is that I spent $35 on a dress from Gap for Emma that I love and really think is cute, but he sees it as something she is going to ruin the first time she paints at school. I really do see his point, but I love it........so do I take it back and find one at Target for 1/2 the price or skimp somewhere else????
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Skimp somewhere else. Usually school paint washes out. :)
You keep it and dock Dan's lunch money. ;)
You have a little GIRL... that means you get to buy her cute clothes!
Oh, this is easy for me. Return it and buy 2 dresses and who cares if she dumps paint on them. Of course, I'm the mom who waits until shirts go on sale for $3 at Walmart and buy a lot of them because I KNOW my boys will ruin them the first day they put them on. Don't listen to me. I'm a mother of boys.
Oh man, I'm right there with you Sarah. I want our kids to look cute too, but the prices definitely add up...especially with three. I would say, keep the dress and buy the rest of the clothes at Target or Gap outlet (that's a compromise right? ;) It is fun to have a few special outfits. It could be for picture day. ? I am already saving for our beach weekend. :)
Post a Comment