Wednesday, August 27, 2008

KINDERGARTEN SOCIAL

Emma had a Kindergarten Social tonight at school.  It was a time to meet her teacher and other kids in her class and for parents to get information.  
It was kinda hard for me to be on the parents end for two reasons 

1.  I feel like I already new all the info (because I taught kindergarten at that school for 4 years and 
2.  I wouldn't have combine the parent orientation and the kid stuff together.  

Maybe it is just me, but my kids sat ZERO SECONDS of the ONE HOUR event.  Dan ended up taking Jackson for a super long walk and Emma complained that Jackson was having fun with Daddy and why couldn't she go to.  I have gotten much better as a parent to not take the things my kids do so personal......like why is my kid the only kid not listening.   I guess something that I still need to work on.

Having Emma go to Antonia Crater Elementary is something new that we only decided last week......yes I am one of those parents who waits to the last minute before registering her for school.  Actually she was going to a private school, until we decided that she might need more services for her "learning style" than the private school could offer her.  I am nervous about the change and feel like we are making a good choice, but it still makes me nervous.  I want her to like school and not to struggle with learning.  I guess it just means that we are really going to have to work hard around here.......that shouldn't be hard since her mom was a teacher.....LOL

1 comment:

Jen said...

Those back to school nights are wild, aren't they? I agree that it is weird to be on the parent end now. I hope the school works out for Emma.