Tuesday, August 5, 2008

THATS MY BOY

Today we FINALLY  took Jackson in for his blood test.  It is just to make sure that nothing serious is going on and that his weight gain is due to a love of food and nothing more.   I have put this test off for the past 1 1/2 months because the last time he got shots he cried for about 2o minutes.  I have found all the excuses that I could and I just couldn't stand it any longer.  
Here is how it went down:
  1. We told him we were going to the Doctor, but said nothing about "shots".  
  2. We dropped Emma off with their friend Spencer ( I think he was more upset that he couldn't go play and not with the shots)
  3. When we got to the hospital he thought it was a funny place for a Doctor to be.  
  4. When they finally called us in, I let the nurse know that he didn't know why he was there.  
  5. Dan sat and held him while the nurse prepped his arm.  
  6. Another nurse came to hold his arm and told him he would have a little poke. 
  7. He was sooo brave and didn't even cry.  He didn't wine or say this hurts. NOTHING!!!! I still can't believe that my 3 year old is braver than I am.  
  8. We went to Shari's for pancakes after and he thought that was the greatest thing ever.

No comments: