Tuesday, August 12, 2008

SPAZZZZZZZ

So I had one of those really embarrassing mom moments today.  I was running late for the kids hair apt.  I woke up, we had a great morning.  The kids played while I clean bathrooms.......then I notice the clock.  I only have 20 minutes to take a shower and get ready..........NOT ENOUGH TIME.  I get ready as quick as I can and let me tell you how embarrassed I am to be going to the hair dresser with my hair looking the way it did.  So back to the great mom moment.  I got the kids shoes on and told them to get into the car.  We have 15 minutes to drop off stuff at Dan's office (that is another blog for later), get coffee and be at the hair dressers on time.........and yes.......it was a coffee morning (sorry weight watchers)
When Jackson came back into the house.................
Jack..."mom I lost my shoe"
mom..."go get me your shoe"
Jack... " I don't know where it is"
mom..."go find your shoe"
Emma..." I think he threw it in the garage"
mom...me screaming......."go get your shoe"
Jack...looking like a dear in headlights " I don't know where it is"
mom...again me screaming " how can you not know where it is"
mom..."you are going with only one shoe and people are going to laugh" (this is the moment I am not proud of)
mom... still fuming and making way to many comments when I look back and his shoe is under his car seat.  I start to melt because I am feeling like such a terrible mother for losing my temper over a shoe
Jack..."when we get home I want to sit in my room so people won't laugh at me"
mom..."please forgive mommy for losing her temper.  I was wrong to say people will laugh at you"  

I can't even begin to tell you how terrible I felt.  

1 comment:

Jen said...

Oh, yes, we all have those fabulous mommy moments, don't we? I always tell myself, "Well, at least they're learning that nobody, not even mom, is perfect." Which is so very true.