Dan and I took the train to Seattle this weekend to celebrate our 11 year anniversary and to celebrate his birthday. It was so much fun. We dropped the kids off with my mom (thanks for watching them) and ran to The Apple Store so I could get headphones for my ipod (someone lost them.....I think it was Dan =), then ran to Borders to get a book and magazine. We made it to the train station early, they were so friendly. The train is such a great way to travel. I think I will have a hard time the next time we have to drive to Seattle.....this was just way to easy. We stayed at a fabulous hotel called The Silver Cloud. We loved everything about the hotel. I think Dan liked the big screen tv in the room the best. After we checked in we had the shuttle take us to an Italian restaurant they recommended......blahhhh not one of my favorites. They were slow and the food, was just okay. We headed back to the hotel for a nap before we went to watch the Seattle Mariners play the Oakland A's. I ended up with a migraine right before the game (just my luck), but was still able to have a great time. Dan and I are really looking forward to taking the kids to a game next year. I think they would love it. We got to sleep in and we ordered room service for breakfast. We didn't have a lot of time to sight see, but did make it down to Pike Place Market and had a cup of coffee. I am looking forward to our next trip........maybe somewhere warm
Can you believe this is the only photo we took of the weekend. (why does it have to be of me.
2 comments:
Cute photo! Glad you had fun... ugh on the migraine!
That sounds so fun! I love the train idea. We'll have to try that out sometime.
Wow! Eleven years! I can't believe it!
Post a Comment