Friday, September 12, 2008

SHOTS

I took Jackson in for shots on Wednesday.  I found the secret to keeping the stress low for him, is not to tell him.  In the past I would tell them on the way so they would have time to prepare.....seriously what two year old can mentally prepare for shots!!!!! Anyways... when we got to the doctors office he asked if he was going to get shots and I tried to put telling him off by changing the subject, it didn't work.  So we go back with the nurse she told me he was all up to date.  I guess I was looking at Emma's form and all the shots that she needed and not his sheet.  So no shots....praise the Lord.  
I am a big rewarder for shots.  My kids get to pick out a $10 toy or movie after their shots are over.  I let him go ahead and get a new movie for being so brave.  When we went to pick up Emma from school she begged me to let her get shots....."please mom can I go get shots.  I really want a new toy".  How cute is that!!!!  She has asked every day for the last three days if she could get shots.....the funny thing is that I let her go ahead and get a toy on Wednesday.  That girls is smart.  Shots=toys!!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Wow, you are a big rewarder/briber! I usually do $1 ice cream at McD's or a $ Store toy. I might have to rethink my stragegy!

Sally said...

Hysterical... Emma is totally working the system! :)