Wednesday before Thanksgiving Dan worked 1/2 day so I could go over to my friend Barb's house and cook with her. She took me under her wing when I was first married and helped me make my first Thanksgiving dinner. This year she helped me put together a pumpkin pie (I have crust phobia). We also did dinner rolls and stuffing.
Thursday we had my mom, sister Anna and her two kids over (her husband was hunting). Dan and I got off to a lazy start so we ended up doing a lot of cooking with my mom and sister. It was nice to just hang out with no pressure. Our turkey ended up turning out a little to pink so we had side dishes that were done, but no turkey. It all worked out and the food was great. My mom made a green bean dish that is going to be a new must. It was sooo good.
The day after thanksgiving we got our tree, put up our lights and had a little get together with our friends the Moore Family and the Marin Family. We had a fun time sharing left overs and drinking sangria (yum). I think we will start having a left over party the day after Thanksgiving from now on. Maybe we will see you there next year.
1 comment:
Sound's fun! I like the idea of a leftover party.
Post a Comment