Wednesday, November 12, 2008

TARGET FRUSTRATION

Today Jackson and I headed to Target to return a Halloween costume that I bought Emma the day after Halloween.  I decided to take it back because we are using the cash method (AGAIN) and I am close to being out of money and we NEED peanut butter.  I thought the best thing to do would be take back something....plus she really doesn't need it =).
I went in with my receipt and the lady tells me that I am no longer able to return "seasonal" stuff now that the new season has started.  I looked at her super confused and asked her where this was written.  She pointed to the big sign behind her...this is totally a new sign. I was taken back and said okay, but I was really ticked.   I sought out the manager and explained to him that I did not purchase this costume at the return desk and it does not state this no return policy on the receipt or at the cash register.  He said that he was sorry and there was nothing he could do.  I told him I was really disapointed because I spend so much money there.  (my mistake)  When I came home I took the Target survey and gave them a piece of my mind (I know it's not much)  I was sooo annoyed!!!

3 comments:

AKA said...

I hate Target's return policy. They are one of the worst.
If it's the angel costume, let me know and I will buy it from you.
k

Heidi Boos said...

Target is so frustrating when it comes to returns. I had a receipt for something that cost about $15 and they tried to give me $2 for it because it was past its receipt expiration. I said, forget it because I can resell it for more than that. Ridiculous!

Kyle Luke said...

Target is the WORST for returns. When I once was politely explaining to an employee how bad I thought the return policy was, she said, "Well, they're just trying to save their employees some time."

Huh? Their employees? First of all, that doesn't make sense. And second of all, I'm all about taking care of your employees . . . but not at a customer's expense.