I procrastinated this year and didn't carve pumpkins until 4:00 pm on Halloween. I really wanted the kids to have fond memories of carving pumpkins. Both kids got a pumpkin at the pumpkin patch and were excited to carve it. Dan cut off the top of Jackson's pumpkin first and they lifted off the top. I am not sure what Jackson expected to find inside and maybe I should have warned him, but......HE GAGGED. For those of you who know Jackson he gags at spit, snot, baby Finley's drool, or spit up...he gags at a LOT OF THINGS. So it should not have been a surprise that he thought pumpkin carving was GROSS. Even the smell grossed him out. We moved on and cut the top off Emma's pumpkin and by this time both kids asked if they could go upstairs and play. The excitement was over. So much for MEMORIES. Dan and I made the kids stay with us long enough to draw on their pumpkins. Then we both cut out the designs without the kids. We then called them back long enough to get a family photo.
Jackson getting away from the "disgusting" pumpkin
4 comments:
That is too funny, Sarah!
If you saw my pics on Facebook, you would see that Brooke LOVED carving the pumpkins, loved the guts, and would probably have gotten inside one if she could. She is NUTS!
That is cute, maybe you guys will just paint pumpkins from now on. :) Cute pictures!
If Jackson isn't up for pulling out the guts of the pumpkin, maybe he could use those "Potato Head" pieces I've seen a little bit this year (for next year, of course). Isn't it so funny how we, as moms, try desperately to create a moment and it doesn't always go as planned! :)
If it makes you feel any better, we didn't even carve pumpkins this year. Tamra hates the smell, too. We didn't make it to a pumpkin patch, we only bought two little pumpkins on Halloween day at the grocery store. They painted them the next day. So much for pumpkin carving memories this year!
Post a Comment