Tuesday, November 11, 2008

COUPONS, COUPONS, COUPONS

I was reading Kim's blog yesterday about coupons and wanted to share my really good coupon experience.  I have cut coupons since I was a kid.  My mom use to give me the money that she saved by using the coupons so it was a good thing for me.

Now that I am older I still cut coupons, but I forget them more often that I remember.  I even have a coupon organizer.  This last weekend after watching the Coupon Mom on Oprah I really wanted to try and save at least $50 each month on groceries.  I went to tons of web site and found a few coupons.  I got a little overwhelmed, but will try again later.  I went grocery shopping yesterday without the kids and had my list and coupons in hand.  I will admit that I did buy a few things that we not on my list, but that were on sale, plus I had a coupon for them.  I think the key is to plan your meals around the sales.

Here is what I did yesterday.
I went to three store 
Fred Meyer I spent 60.47 and saved 2.20
Albertsons I spent 11.47 and saved 14.47 ( I had really good coupons)
Safeway I had a coupon (thanks Nicole) for a $30 gift card for any  new prescription.  My prescription was $30 so I got it free.  
I saved $46.67 total yesterday.  YIPEEEE

1 comment:

Jen said...

That's awesome! Good job.