Monday, February 16, 2009

A DIFFERENT KIND OF VALENTINES DAY

Well Valentines didn't go as planned.  The kids and I had the stomach flu the week before Valentines.  I didn't get a chance to decorate or buy them cute little gifts.  The actual day of Valentines we had a funeral for Andrew Meinert a 17 year old friend of our family.  It was a great celebration of his life.   After that Dan's parents kept the kids while we went  out for dinner.  Why do we bother going out on Valentines?   The wait at one restaurant was 4 hours.  Like I can wait that long to eat and the movie lines were insane.  So we did a little shopping and finally got seated at a restaurant that only had an hour and 20 minute wait.  Just as we finished our appetizer Dan called to check on the kids and Jackson had just thrown up his Valentine cookies (for real).  We got our food to go and rushed home.  I am not sure if it was a little left over of the flu or all the goodies both grandparents gave him????  Poor kid!!!  

I do have the best husband in the whole world.  No one could love me as much as he does.  I am so blessed and am a better person because of him.

1 comment:

Heidi Boos said...

Oh Sarah! I'm so sorry that your family is going through so much sickness. Hopefully the light will be shining through the clouds soon and you won't even remember it anymore!