So far so good on the new diet. My good friend Kelleigh said that day 3 was hard for her...sure hope she is wrong. I do have a small headache, but I think it is more from being tired (I am not sleeping well)
Today I found myself wanting to snack on crackers or cookies and I really wanted a yummy non-fat peppermint starbucks mocha. Even writing it makes me want one.
One thing that I realized today is that I need to change the way I think about food. For example snacks, it is so easy for me to grab a handful of cookies or pretzels in a day (even a couple times a day), but I could go a whole day with no fruits and veggies. I don't take the time to cut up fruit or get out veggies and hummus. It's kinda nice that this is forcing me to really think about what I am eating. I hope that I can continue this even after 6 weeks are up....maybe with an occasional mocha =)
Day 2
Breakfast- whole wheat english muffin, with PB and a glass of milk
Snack- cheese stick and almonds
Lunch- tuna with mayo, pickles, 1/2 apple and some grapes
Snack- banana and almonds
Dinner- left over soup from last night
Snack- not sure yet, but probably apple with PB
4 comments:
Great job, Sarah!!!
Goos job Sarah! I think the first solid week is the hardest, once you pass that is gets easier. I know you can do it, you are AWESOME!! xo
What about popcorn when you want a salty snack? Air popped or on the stove with a little coconut oil. Don't do the microwave kind-yucky.
Popcorn is a whole grain you know. Add a little butter, a little salt, mmmmm.
I think you could have butter since your giving up so much bad stuff! I eat butter everyday, by the way!
Thanks for the good idea Jen. I need more snack ideas besides nuts.
Do you do the coconut oil that has flavor or no flavor? What is your favorite brand of popcorn.
Post a Comment