I did it. I counted how many days I have until I have to be back to work.....22. DUDE!! It will be my first time back to teaching (besides subbing) in over 8 years. To say I am nervous is putting it lightly. I am sooo nervous. I think about it WAY more than I should when I really should be enjoying summer more.
I feel really blessed that I got asked to be a long term sub from Sept-Dec. Even though I am a sub I get to start the year off with it being my classroom. I get to know the kids, set routines and structure and that makes me really happy.
With 4 weeks until the kids start I want to start mentaly all preparing. Tomorrow we are going to start with no TV in the mornings. It has been so easy to sleep in and send the kids downstairs to fend for themselves for an hour while I stay in bed =) I don't let them watch tv in the mornings during the year except for late start (wednesday) so I think it's important to get into this habit again. Especially since I have one child who LIVES for TV.
I also need to go school shopping for me and get some teacher friendly clothes. Right now I live in T-shirts, shorts and jeans...not really teaching appropriate.
Here's a run down of things we will be working on to be "school ready". Making lists like this helps calm my nerves.
- work- out 30 minutes a day/3 times a week ( I did it 4 days last week =)
- Be in bed by 10
- No TV in the mornings (save it for Wednesday and Saturday)
- Get some new clothes

No comments:
Post a Comment