Tuesday, September 8, 2009

SNIFF SNIFF SNIFF

Today is Emma's first day of first grade. I asked her this morning if she was nervous and she said "mom I don't get nervous". She must get that from her father and NOT me. Today she wanted to run most of the way to school so she wouldn't be later (we left 10 minutes early). I love how confident she is and how she loves new things.

I was WAY more emotional that she was. My tummy was upset so I didn't eat much breakfast and I felt a little teary as I left her in the gym.

ALL DAY JUST SEEMS SO LONG!!!!

First day of school outfit..she also has a lose tooth

Emma and the Crater Cougar

Emma taking to Mrs. Mears the reading teacher


She loves her new backpack.




4 comments:

Jen said...

She looks so adorable. Perfect first grader. How cute that she is not nervous. Doesn't it feel weird to leave them to fend for themselves for a whole day?! I still get a little heart-tug when Ary walks in all by herself.

Sally said...

She looks so great! I am so excited for her... she's going to have a *GREAT* year!

Kristie said...

She looked so cute! Hailee is wearing that outfit today for her second day at school. I know Emma will have a wonderful year in 1st Grade! I can't believe how grown up they have become.

Heidi Boos said...

I can guess why you might be a little emotional...first grade is a big step! Hope Emma has a great first year!!