I have been reading some really great blogs Frugal Living NW and Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs. These women use coupons as a way to reduce their grocery budget. I really believe in coupons, but I haven't had the time or patience to really stay with it. After reading these blogs and getting inspiration I wanted to give it a try. Yesterday while the kids were at school I went to Walgreen for my first coupon try....I will have to admit that I was pretty nervous and it didn't turn out perfect, but I am okay with that.
Here is what I did: I took a picture of it all together even though it is two transactions
First Transaction:
Schick Quattro 4 pack cartridges $8.99
-manufactures coupon (mfg) $4.00
-received register rewards (RR) $6.00 to use on my next purchase
Trident Gum 2/$2.00
-mfg .75 cents (I forgot my second one)
-received (RR) $1.00 to use on my next purchase
Playtex Tampons 2/$8.00
-mfg 2/.50 cent
-received (RR) $3.00 to use on my next purchase
Carefree Panty liners $1.49
-in store coupon (ISC) .50 cents
Emergent C $3.49
-received (RR) $3.49 to use on my next purchase
Total Spent 17.72
Total Saved
-MFG 5.75
-ISC .50 cents
-RR 13.49 to use on my next transaction
Second Transaction- total learning experience
Schick Quattro Razor $8.99
-mfg 2.00
-used $6.00 RR from my first trasaction
Total .99 cents
I am going keep giving this a shot for another few weeks and see how I do. Wish me luck.
2 comments:
Wahooo!! You did awesome!! SO much better than it could have been, and on stuff that you would have bought anyway!! YAY! Keep it up!
(Oh, and were you so nervous that you wanted to puke? That's me almost every time!)
AND, Safeway has Tillamook Cheese for 3.99 this weekend, and Kraft dressing for .99. No coupons needed!
I did go to Safeway today and loaded up on cheese. =)
I wonder the store for about an extra 20 minutes to make sure I have my coupons all ready to go.
Post a Comment