Friday, October 9, 2009

COUPONING...SO I THINK I AM HOOKED

From the minute I was done with my last coupon trip I started to think about HOW I could do it better. I didn't have very much money left in my grocery budget, but I did have some great Rapid Rewards to use at Walgreens from my first trip.
Transaction #1
Schick Qtro razor 4 pack $8.99
2 Hershey candybars .29 cents each
-I used a $4.00 MFG for the razors
-$3.50 RR from the other day
-$3.00 RR from the other day
-$ 1.00 RR from the other day

Total: .07 cents (CAN YOU BELIEVE IT) WAAAHHHHOOOO
2nd Transaction
2 Hershey candy bars .29 cents each
Schick Qtro razor 4 pack $8.99
2 packs of Trident gum 2/$2.00
-I used $2.00 MFG for the razors
$1.00 MFG for the gum (again forgot the second one)
$3.00 RR for the first transaction
$1.00 RR from the other day
Total: $2.57

4 comments:

Kristie said...

That's great Sarah. How do you get the rapid rewards?

Jen said...

So cool! Where are you getting your coupons?

Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs said...

Yeah! See, THAT'S the way you do it! Wahooo!!

I have been holding onto some .75 off 1 bag of halls coupons, because the closest Walgreens (20 minutes away) keeps running out. However, when they get them back in, I will pay .25 and get 1 RR back. So, makin' money!! And it just kills me that I could have grabbed the candy bars instead of the stupid carmels that I bought. Next time. Next time!

You are SO lucky to live in a town with almost ALL of the stores close by!!

Sarah said...

Jen and Kristie,

I try and pick up the Sunday paper for the Manufactures coupons and the rapid rewards are printed out at Walgreens. Check the Wallgreens weekly adds so you can plan. I actually check Frugal Living NW. You can use RR on your second transaction or later in the week. I will write more about my experience later.