Friday, July 18, 2008

MORE FUN IN IDAHO

Uncle Craig and Emma
Dan and the kids
Cole, Emma and Jack watching fireworks

Our trip did not end so well.  Jackson went to the ER with Croup Friday morning at 2 am.  I was so scared.  He was having such a hard time breathing.  He would sleep for 30 minutes then wake up with a coughing fit and panic because he couldn't breathe. This went on for a couple of hours until I just couldn't take it any more.  I was so afraid that the next coughing fit would be major and he would stop breathing.  Dan managed to sleep in between the coughing, but I couldn't.  The hospital was great.  They got us in right away and gave him a breathing treatment followed by a liquid steroid.  WOW what a difference this made.  By the time we got back to my brothers the sun was rising and Emma was up a few hours later.  My husband was great and let me sleep in a little.  I hope we never have to do that again.

We missed the parade on the 4th because both kids were sick (Emma started running a fever on Friday morning)  Such a sad way to end a vacation....It actually got worse...Dan got sick on the drive home and missed a whole week of work.  Ohhh did I mention that we get sick a LOT>

1 comment:

Jen said...

What a bummer that everyone got sick! I hope you guys got to see everyone you wanted to see.