Tuesday, March 16, 2010

IT IS DONE!!!!

About four years ago I saw a picture in Pottery Barn Kids that I fell in love with (I wish I had a scanner so I could show you). It was a picture of a big red square on the wall above 2 desks and inside the square were the letters A-Z in different color, shapes, sizes and textures. I was soo in love with "the art" that over the last four years I have been collecting letters A-Z in hopes of recreating it. Well it's finally done. Hip, Hip, Horray!!! The last four years I would pick up a letter here and there hoping to find some really unique letters, but after four years...enough is enough!!!!!! I did not want to wait any longer. I decided to go to Joann's Fabric/Craft store and buy the rest so I could check this project off my list. WHY did I not go to this place sooner. They had so many fun choices.
I had never spray painted before so I took over the garage for a few weeks. Jackson got the flu and Emma came down with a cold so it took me about 3 weeks to spray paint all the letters (some came already painted) I have to say that I LOVE spray paint. At first I made a mistake and put WAY to much paint on the first letters and had to sand them down and try again, but I got the hang of it and now I want to spray a few more things around the house (bulletin boards, frames, a chair or two)

The P is yellow...the letter P that is =). I plan on repainting the letter I, the same color as the Y.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

That looks great!! Nice job, Sarah!!

Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs said...

That turned out SO cute!! Good for you!!

Kristie said...

Sarah that looks awesome! I remember when that came out in the PB catalog and I loved it. I'm so glad you accomplished your goal!

Sally said...

I so LOVE it! :) It has an incredible "wow" factor when you walk into the room and is a true work of art. Nice job Sarah!

JAG said...

LUV, LUV, LUV.

The picture does not even do it justice....

Sarah said...

Cute! :-)