This weekend we drove down (4.5 hours) to the Rogue river and went rafting. Our friend Jolene's parents own a rafting company so it was a treat to go with here parents who guided us down the river. We had 11 kids ranging in age from 8 week-6 years) and 8 adults. The mom's and the kids were in two separate boats while the 4 husbands where is kayaks .
This was our families first time camp and rafting. Rafting was a blast. I did not want to stop. The river was a great place to cool off. The kids did great around the water (I think I was a little nervous about this) However camping was not fun. It was 100+ both days and I get migraines in the heat (just found this out) so I was pretty miserable. Sleeping wasn't much fun either because of the heat. All in all the kids did fabulous and can't wait to go again.
Some things that we learned for next year.
- do not camp when it is 100+
- buy a bigger tent
- you really one need two sets of clothes- a set when you get there (plan on wearing it the whole time) and a set when you leave. Who cares if you are dirty all the time
- going with friends with kids all around the same age is a blast.
- save money for a camper
Group Shot
Dan
I think I win an award for whitest legs
Captain Jack
5 comments:
Looks like so much fun!!! I love the random guy in the background of your group shot. So funny!
LOL - that shot of Jackson cracks me up. :) We had so much fun!
Great list! I totally agree. Especially the clothes part!
Looks soooo fun!
After experiencing our camping trip, I definitely agree with only needing 2 sets of clothes. And, a camper? Yes! We're already going to start saving!! ;)
Glad you had a fun time with friends!
Post a Comment