Sunday, March 30, 2008

Fun Date

Dan and I had such a fun date last night. We took at cooking class at Whole Foods in Tualatin. We didn't actually do any of the work, but watched Chef Phil prepare 3 things
1. Smoked Salmon Stuffed with Herbed Goat Cheese and Asparagus
2. Seared Halibut with Ginger, Mango and Simple Steamed Rice
3. Pimenton (cook name for smoked paprika) Steak with Roasted Eggplant and Roasted Red Peppers.
Each portion was huge and we got a different wine with each one. Plus we got dessert from the bakery in the store. It was sooooo YUMMY and worth it. We totally want to do it again so let me know if you are interested in going with us =) I plan on preparing each one of these things so............who knows maybe you will be invited over.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Wow, chef Sarah :)

So glad you had a fun date with your hubby!

And if you're searching for volunteers to sample this or any menu, please think of me/us :)

Laura said...

Oh, and I could spend hours, days.. months possibly in Whole Foods.

I would LOVE to take a class sometime!

Jen said...

What a great date idea! I should try to find something similar up here.
Those dishes sound so yummy!